Followers

Bob

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More?!

(NOTICE- On the post below this one I said some things about NaNoWriMo that's kind of important. Before you read this you should scroll down so that you know what I'm going to be doing for the next month or so on here.)
(ANOTHER NOTICE- This is what I wrote BEFORE I started NaNoWriMo. For NaNo I started literally with the next sentence. More of that will come later.......)


Yup. More of the story. Hope you like it, though you probably won't. Anyway, here it is-


"Lily! Lily, where are you? LILY!" She wouldn't answer. Looking around, I noticed that it had gotten really foggy. Then, sniffing, I realized it was smoke. I searched for the source, and noticed a glow of heat to my left. Of course, I followed it. As I got closer, I noticed that the glow was a large fire, burning up the hill by the side of the river. Without warning, the dragon jumped in front of me, spraying hot blue fire. I leaped out of the way and ran behind it, looking for any sign of my young sister. But she was nowhere. I started coughing from the thick smoke, and squinted. I couldn't see anything more than two feet in any direction. Then, behind me, I heard a deep growl, and....


I woke up. The dragon was gone, the air was clear, and there was no fire. But Lily was gone, too. That part hadn't been a dream.
   I had to find her....
   Without really thinking about what I was doing, I shifted back into the bird and flew upwards, looking for any sign as to which way the beast had gone. There was a small, wispy trail of smoke leading straight ahead, barely visible, and I followed it. Flying at full speed, I soon left the river behind and passed over a couple mountains. There was no wind, thankfully, but as I flew the trail slowly faded, and soon I slowed to a stop.

No comments: